Friends coming together to share their best deals, fabulous finds and all the cool stuff in between!



Monday, April 18, 2011

Paid .31 tax Saved $4.75 at Food Lion

In yesterday's paper was the $1/1 Marcal coupon. I've learned to clip this coupon every time I find it. Food Lion runs the single roll paper towels on sale for $1. I went to Food Lion today to do some price checking. I checked the paper towels and sure enough the single rolls were on sale for $1. I got 4 rolls used four $1/1 coupons and spent only .31 tax and saved $4.75. The manager saw me checkout again and asked me was he going to have to watch me again like last time. I told him he should because I was going to do the same thing I did last time (get everything for free.) He just shook his head in amazement when he saw my total. This past week I've gotten several free things at Food Lion by just scanning my MVP card at the blue coupon machine as you enter the store. The coupons say free gift and you only have to pay tax on the items. I got a box of Velvetta macaroni and cheese shells and a free 2 liter coke product. It always pays to scan your mvp card just to see if you will get a "free gift" or possibly a coupon for something that's already on your shopping list that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment