Friends coming together to share their best deals, fabulous finds and all the cool stuff in between!



Friday, July 6, 2012

Spent .76 Tax Saved $13.94

I got several of the $2 off any shampoo or styling product coupons from the coupon center last week. I just couldn't hardly stand to see these high value coupons go to waste when I could donate the shampoo to my local food pantry. First stop yesterday I went to CVS and had one of the $2 coupons from the coupon center from last week as well as a Free Cortaid coupon that printed earlier this week from the coupon center. Actually my store has the Cortaid price a little higher than the max value of the coupon but I had a $1 manuf. coupon that I used to cover the difference that the free coupon didn't cover. I bought 2 of the VO5 shampoos that were .99 each and the Cortaid at my store is regularly $6.29. I used the $2 of shampoo coupon to cover both of the shampoos and the free coupon for the cream which took off $5.99 as well as a $1 coupon for the Cortaid from a recent coupon insert. All of this was free and I only had to pay .56 tax.

Later in the day I went to Walgreens where I normally hate to shop. Couponing deals never seem to work for me there. They have the 3pack ivory bar soap on sale this week for .99. There were $1 coupons in this past Sunday's P&G for $1 ivory cleansing item. So for once the cashier knew how to adjust the coupons down and didn't question anything! I got 3 3bar packs for .20 tax. I'm donating these to my church's mission team heading to Kenya.

So all together yesterday I sent .76 tax and saved $13.94. I love me some freebies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment