Friends coming together to share their best deals, fabulous finds and all the cool stuff in between!



Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spent $3.96 Saved $45.24 @ Harris Teeter Super Doubles

I just got back from my first trip to Harris Teeter this week for super doubles. I spent $3.96 (including tax) and saved $45.24. I didn't think the ad this week was good at all. Obviously many others felt the same way because there was hardly anyone in the store.

I bought:

6 pouches of Whisker Lickins cat treat= all free
reg. 2/$3 used 3 $1.50/2 coupons

3 bounce dryer bars= all free
reg. $5.99
had raincheck for $3.49
used 3 $1.50/1 coupons
and 1 $1.50 zvr coupon

4 packs of stride gum= all free
on clearance for .82 each
had 2 $1/2 coupons

6 pure protein bars= .50 each after all coupons
used 3 $1/2 coupons

1 eat. think.smile bar= free
used $1/1 coupon

1 colgate toothpaste 6oz= free
used $1/1 coupon

3 smart balance milk= all free
3 $1.50/1 coupons

Very happy with this trip, especially the fact I paid for nothing except the pure protein bars. Don't hesitate to get a raincheck if they're out of something. HT rainchecks never expire. Save the raincheck til the next super double and chances are there will be a good coupon to pair it with. I didn't even try to get the dryer bars but once when they were on sale. After I got the raincheck I decided I wasn't going to fight for them, I would get them when there was less demand and sure enough it was to my advantage to wait.

Be sure to watch your total and have a clue how much your bill will be. I knew how much mine should be and it came up to be about $3 more. The cashier was very nice and luckily there was no line so she went back through my coupons and my receipt with a "fine tooth comb" they realized 3 of my coupons for $1/1 bic product said not subject to doubling in fine print under the retailer info. I had them take these off because I didn't want them if my coupon wouldn't double. This is why it always pays to check your receipt and know how much you should be paying.

No comments:

Post a Comment