Friends coming together to share their best deals, fabulous finds and all the cool stuff in between!



Saturday, June 2, 2012

Spent .10 Saved $10.xx

This week I've really picked up my couponing again. I saw on my new Harris Teeter zvr coupons yesterday where the kix and trix cereals both had coupons. Both of these cereals are on sale this week for Buy 1 Get 1 Free. There are also .60/1 trix printable coupons as well as .75/1 kix printable coupons. I bought 2 boxes of kix and 1 box of trix. Including tax I only paid .10 for all 3 boxes. My family doesn't eat these sugary cereals but I'm donating them to my local food pantry. Tomorrow is the collection day at my church and I've gotten quite a bit of stuff from using my coupons I'm going to donate.

I've also made several trips to CVS this week. I loved the $1 any toothbrush coupons that have been spitting out from the coupon machine. I have been using them to get the 5ct. toothbrushes with canister set that are only $1. Yesterday I bought 1 and used the coupon and got my dad a milky way bar which is on sale this week for .75 with a .75 extra care buck. I only paid .80 for the candy and the toothbrushes and got $1.75 in Extra Care Buks. .75 was for the candy and the $1 was for my Green Bag tag.

I stopped back in this morning and got 2 more coupons for the $1 toothbrush. I still had one left from yesterday. I was able to get 3 today for completely free! Not even paying any tax :) :) Don't ask me how this happened, I was prepared to pay it but didn't have too! Don't worry I never at any point cleared the shelves on the toothbrush/holder display. My store was fully stocked. I don't think alot of people realized you could use the coupon on the canister sets too. I'm also donating these toothbrush canisters to my local food pantry (they also accept toiletries).

Don't forget when you shop at CVS to scan your card at the red coupon machine first thing. Scan it twice, alot of times it will print more coupons the 2nd time. When it's printed all for that day it will say " no more coupons available today, check back tomorrow." Also walk the store when you have time and look for clearance tags. You can use coupons on clearance, this is another way to score free stuff. I also look for the sign that say get it while  it last, clearance. This means it will be going to clearance soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment