Friends coming together to share their best deals, fabulous finds and all the cool stuff in between!



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How do consignment shops work?

I received an e-mail from a friend asking me to blog about consigning at consignment shops. This is something that I've started doing in the past year.

Consignments shops set a price for your items. If you want a certain item to be sold for no less than a certain price you can specify that too. Most consignment shops give you 50% of the price they received for the item sold. They normally only take clothing for the current season. My local shop is now having a $1 sale to move out the winter clothing and make room for the spring and summer. You pick up your money monthly. My store gives the option of having your money mailed to you so you won't have to remember to stop by and get it monthly.

I had never dreamed that I would make as much money as I have consigning. You can get more money out of the stuff than you could at a yard sale. The best part is you don't have to do any of the work.

Not sure how other stores work but one of the downfalls of my local store is that she can't tell me what I've sold that month. Also with the $1 sale someone is getting alot of great deals. Most of my stuff is nice and worth alot more than $1.

Consignment stores are a great place to shop. You can find nice name brand stuff for cheap! Alot of people may think that consignments shops just have children stuff but alot of them have adult stuff too.

Does anyone else have any consigning tips to share? What deal have you found at a consignment shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment