Friends coming together to share their best deals, fabulous finds and all the cool stuff in between!



Thursday, January 3, 2013

How Did I Spend $10 and Save $70 @ Harris Teeter

I know many of you wonder how in the world people like me do it. Spend so little and save so much. It's not really as hard as you think.

I'm going to try and break down for you what I got and coupon amounts used to try and help you see how it's done.

I bought:

1 3pack of id gum-used $1.50/1 internet printable which made it free after doubling
4 2 packs of Rightguard soap on clearance for $1.69, had $2/4 coupon that doubled (I think that was coupon value)
6 3lb bags of purina cat chow ( had raincheck for buy 1 get 1 free. 3 deals was the limit on the raincheck, which means I could get 6 bags. I used 2 $1.50 coupons, and 4 $1/1 coupons. All coupons doubled. $5.59 was the reg. price for one bag.
2 3packs of ivory soap. $1.75 each. Used 1 $1/2 coupon from 12/30 p&g and $1/2 zvr
4 hormel compleats microwavable dinners. On sale for $1.97 had $1/1 coupons, making them free after doubling.
6 classico pasta sauces. Used $1/2 coupons which doubled making them .49 a jar
2 boxes of south beach cereal bars. Reg. $3.29 and box, I had $2 coupons which doubled making them free
1 bottle herbal essence shampoo on clearance for $2.50. Used $1/1 coupon from 12/30 p&g and $1 zvr herbal essence gave me .50 overage

My total bill was $10.03 and $1.65 of that was tax. I saved $70.02 I forgot to mention I got back a $3 coupon off my next shopping order for buying the classico sauce. That's another great reason to take advantage of the classico deal. You don't need to buy as many as I did, to get a coupon I think you only need to buy 2-3 to get a $1 or $2 coupon.

I didn't buy any of this stuff just to be buying it. I'm already collecting stuff to take to Kenya this summer so that's where the soap and gum are going. I must admit the only reason I bought the shampoo was for the overage it would apply to the rest of my order since it was free. .49 a jar is a stockup price if you ask me!!

If you went to Harris Teeter this week I would love to hear what you got. Or if you're new and trying to comprehend all this just leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment