Friends coming together to share their best deals, fabulous finds and all the cool stuff in between!



Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Spent $0 Saved $18.73

Yesterday I got a real surprise when I went to CVS. I picked up four packs of the stayfree pads that were on sale buy 1 get 1 free. I also grabbed 1 of the good n natural bars that were on sale for .99. Of course I had coupons for everything. I had 2 buy 1 get 1 free coupons for the pads and a free coupon for the bar. All coupons came out in 1/6 inserts. The pads were only $4.19 but to my advantage the register automatically took off the max value which was $4.49. So therefore between the 2 coupons it ate up my tax. My balance came out to .-1. I had a coupon friendly cashier who is always excited to see my deals. I wasn't prepared for an overage so I hadn't gotten anything else to cover it. Sometimes I will have coupons for whatever I get to cover overage. The cashier played around with it for a min. and reduced the .-1. I didn't ask her to do this and told her I didn't want her to get in trouble. She said she wouldn't. Can't believe I saved $18.73 and didn't even pay one penny!!!

I've got more stayfree coupons on the way. When I go back with them I will be prepared for overage and have other items and coupons ready to eat it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment